Deadline: June 30, 2023, 12:00 noon
International doctoral students can apply for the « doctoral co-funding programme » of ENS de Lyon.
This programme can provide a co-funding (50% maximum) of the amount required for enrolment in a doctoral program at ENS de Lyon.
- The applicant must benefit from an external co-financing such as: government funded scholarships or scholarships provided by foreign universities, of a minimum amount equal to 50% of SMIC.
- The applicant must be enrolled in doctoral studies at École normale supérieure de Lyon during next academic year.
- The applicant must submit the application.
ApplicationComplete applications must be submitted before June 30, 2023, 12:00 noon
To Halima Halimi - Descartes campus - scientist.mobility [at] ens-lyon.fr
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Application form completed and signed by the applicant
- Proof of awarded external main funding or proof of application for said main funding
- A motivated covering letter from the applicant
- A letter or an email stating the reasoned opinion about this application of the Thesis Supervisor - ENS de Lyon
- A letter or an email stating the reasoned opinion about this application of the Doctoral School Director in Lyon
Selection procedureo Applications will be examined by the selection commission in July o The number of awarded scholarships will depend on the available budget o Priority will be given to Joint PhDs.
Conditions of co-fundingPlease note that in the case of external co-financing, the required monthly financing amount to enroll at ENS de Lyon is equal to SMIC (minimum wage).
The amount of the ENS de Lyon scholarship will not be more than 50% of SMIC.
In the case of internationally joint PhD (cotutelles internationales) involving alternate stays between ENS de Lyon and an institution in another country, the ENS de Lyon scholarship will only be paid during the months of stays at ENS de Lyon, for a maximum duration of 2 years.
This scholarship is granted for the duration of the doctoral program (3 years maximum).
In case of extension of the thesis, please liaise directly with your laboratory. A new co-funding application can be submitted.