As part of its international attractiveness and welcome policy, ENS de Lyon organised its now traditional integration week for new international students at the end of August.
Nearly 60 students of 26 different nationalities were welcomed on 23 August by the teams of the Office of International Affairs and student volunteers to assist them with the various administrative services and their installation. They then followed a one-week programme to facilitate their arrival in Lyon and at ENS de Lyon, to create links, to meet new people and to start the new school year in the best possible conditions.
The programme for this week included:
- Intensive French courses adapted to groups of levels
- Practical information on administrative procedures
- Thematic workshops on health in conjunction with the medical service, and on discrimination in conjunction with the Equality Unit
- Tours of Lyon and cultural visits (old town, Croix-Rousse, Parc de la tête d’or, etc.)
- Visits to the two sites of ENS de Lyon and the Diderot Library
The convivial moments such as the visit of the Vieux Lyon, but also the polyglot coffee and the international lunch (sharing of specialities from different countries) were particularly appreciated and constituted as many opportunities to exchange and discover affinities.
The Office of International Affairs, the Language Centre and the Asset students would like to thank all the participants, teachers and administrative staff from the many departments who worked to make this week a success for the integration of international students. In total, nearly 80 international students are expected this year.