The selection committee met on January 23, 2020 and announced the six winning projects from the Tech4Earth call for proposals. Two of them are carried by ENS de Lyon.
This call for proposals was launched by the PULSALYS SATT and Université de Lyon through IDEXLYON. It aimed to identify research from laboratories that could have an impact on the protection of the environment.
The selection committee, presided by Dany Escudié, Research Director of CETHIL, was composed of laboratory representatives, local authorities, organizations and economic players.
They awarded six projects. Three projects in the pre-maturation stage will receive ¤150,000 in funding from IDEXLYON, in order to reach the level of technical maturity to begin a maturation program.
- CHRONO TERR - Web application to analyse and communicate on the socio-environmental trajectory of territories, led by Fanny Arnaud - Environnement Ville Société - EVS (Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3, CNRS, Université Lumière Lyon 2, Université Jean Monnet, Mines Saint-Étienne, ENSAL, ENS de Lyon, ENTPE, INSA Lyon)
- DASARA - Distributed Acoustic Sensing Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, led by Benoit Tauzin - Laboratoire de Géologie de Lyon, Terre, Planètes, Environnement (ENS de Lyon, CNRS, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1)
- DPPA - Device Airborne Particulate Sampling Directly to Biomimetic Surfactant. Application in air quality control, led by Ana-Maria Trunfio-Sfarghiu - LaMCoS (CNRS, INSA Lyon, Institut Carnot).
And three projects in the maturation stage will receive investment funds from PULSALYS and begin a customized development program in order to transfer to an existing company or launch a start-up company.
- LEARTHER - Project which aims to produce a 100% vegetable "leather", led by Yvan Chalamet - IMP (CNRS, Université Jean Monnet, INSA Lyon, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1)
- SPONGE - Natural hierarchical mesoporosity solids : optimizing irrigation in urban and peri-urban agriculture, led by Melaz Tayakout - LAGEPP (CNRS, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1)
- WOOD4HEAT - New process for the continuous production of wood pellets with high PCI and lower energy impact, led by Frédéric Becquart - IMP (CNRS, Université Jean Monnet, INSA Lyon, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1)
By supporting these innovative projects, IDEXLYON and PULSALYS are widening the virtuous circle of their complementary actions for local economic development that extends from academic research to the socio-economic world.